Friday, April 17, 2015

New watercolors from my art a day challenge

Hello my friends! As you probably notice my latest absence this week, I have been busy with custom work and creative challenges.  But as my b-day approaches this weekend, I have decided to post something fun and little bit personal.  To get started ...  here are my favorite quotes (not original to me, but I hope you will find them inspiring)
Motivation is what gets you started.  Habit is what keeps you going!

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. 

Creativity is not the finding of a thing, but the making something out of it after it is found. 
-James Russell Lowell
Drawing is a valuable life skill - it helps you think, invent and communicate - 
regardless of our age or ability. 

Only mediocrities progress.  An artist revolves in a cycle of masterpieces, the first of which is no less perfect than the last! - Oscar Wilde 


Actually I turned to art as plan B after stubbing my toe on my first passion - ballet!   As a young ballerina, I agonized over my failure to live up to the ideal feminine overachiever.   Often I would sit in the corner and do some sketches of the dancers (just like Degas, but I only found out this analogy much later).  My favorite subject is dancers and the female subject with subtle movement and sometimes vulnerability, and I have filled my home with paintings!
If colors were dating, subtle shades of black and pink would be the perfect couple for me!  Sometimes no combination is bolder and more delicious than opposites.  Pink is so feminine that it shouts princess while black is so masculine and the real bad boy of color!  You'll see these two colors in a lot of my paintings.

P.S. I hope you enjoyed my little journey here ( all collection of ten pieces see in my IG with daily posts) and I will see you soon with new updates and more special announcement about my new work and lovely Mothers Day dedication... but it is later :)   xx, Lana

19 comments:

  1. such beautiful work Lana! I love how you draw dancers, and that you are a modern Degas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cynthia, thank you darling! modern Degas - this is too generous... maybe just an admirer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is always so lovely. I'm especially loving all of your floral pieces lately. The one featured in the middle here, oh gosh! I saw it on IG and absolutely LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim! I do love details on the floral anemone flower as well! I'm planning to paint more bridal floral pieces and more still life! I never tired to paint flowers, it a God's beauty on earth!

      Delete
  4. Your ballet dancers are gorgeous, Lana! I especially love the top one, so lovely and contemplative! I started ballet at age 4 and continued until high-school. I had to stop due to some serious foot problems...
    Wishing you a fabulous Birthday weekend! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely friend Duni! and yes it is my b-day weekend:) more hugs back :))))

      Delete
  5. I agree with Duni, the ballet dancers are gorgeous! Hope you're weekend was off to a good start, and that you'll enjoy the rest of it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marieken!!!! I wishing you a sweet and lovey weekend as well! I hope weather in the Netherlands will be more supportive for your weekend plans :)

      Delete
  6. Happy, Happy Birthday, Lana! I hope it it joyous!
    How fortunate for the world that you did turn to art. Yours is so lovely! inspirational!

    I learned here that both you and Duni studied ballet. I took ballet for a very short time--when I was 5-6. I don't believe I had the concentration for an hour and a half class at that age. I love to watch the ballet. Amazing how graceful it comes off with such strength and disciplined hard work at its core.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy, Happy Birthday, Lana! I hope it it joyous!
    How fortunate for the world that you did turn to art. Yours is so lovely! inspirational!

    I learned here that both you and Duni studied ballet. I took ballet for a very short time--when I was 5-6. I don't believe I had the concentration for an hour and a half class at that age. I love to watch the ballet. Amazing how graceful it comes off with such strength and disciplined hard work at its core.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret, thank you so much for your sweet wishes!!!! I had a very lovely b-day and we had romantic sunset river crouse for two and dinner! Love every minute! I hope to sharing pictures sometimes on IG or FB :) about ballet - I'm agreed with you... long practices and hard training made me stronger and more disciplined :) but also it was a very good foundation! I'm happy that ballet was big part of my life!

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday, Lana! All the best wishes to you! Thank you for sharing all the beauty that you see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much my new friend! See you in the team chat!!! xx, L.

      Delete
  9. Lana, your work is certainly a cycle of masterpieces! I love your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LeAnn, this is made me blush ... really appreciate you lovely comments!!! hugs :)

      Delete
  10. Love the ballerina and the girl with the stripey top!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are gorgeous! The lines and colors on these are absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi guys I'm TIM , I was disorganized because i had a very small penis, about 2.0 inches soft and 4 inches hard not nice enough to satisfy my woman, i have been in so many relationship, but cut off because of my situation, i have used so many product which doctors prescribe for me, but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments on the internet about this herbal doctor called Dr Aziba and decided to contact him on whatsApp with his mobile no (+2348100368288) i saw on the internet, I decided to give his herbal product a try. he gave me some comforting words with his herbal product for Penis Enlargement, Within 1 week of it, i began to feel the Growth of my penis, " and now it just 3 weeks of using his products my penis is about 9 inches longer, and i had to settle out with my Ex girlfriend, i was surprised when she said that she is satisfied with my sex and i have got a large penis. Am so happy, thanks to Dr Aziba I also learn that Dr Aziba also help with Breast Enlargement Hips and Bums Enlargement, Low Sperm Count, If you are in any situation with a little Penis, weak ejaculation, small breast_hips_bums do get to Dr Azibae contact him now on his mobile no, or add him up on whatsApp (+2348100368288) Email ( Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com )

    ReplyDelete