Monday, August 24, 2015

THAT'S A WRAP!


Hello my lovelies! Back from my break during the summer months. In July I visited Russia and then to heavy workload and regular sales which has kept me from social interaction here. But as time returns to normal, I will be updating you on the news and hopefully keep you more inspired. I have great pictures posted on IG about my Russian trips, so please visit me there for more current posts.

Over the past years I've travel to Paris, London, Moscow, Russia, New York, Las Vegas, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Miami and more. All along the way I created Illustration of the sights that inspire me! Thanks to the Etsy, I'm able to share my creations with you, and also I'm able to offer them in the variety of print sizes for your wall in my store here.

Ps. More cities to come, I'm just deciding where I want to travel next? Where do you think I should go?

I've been a busy bee preparing for new website ... but it is seems like I'm going in circles of unfortunate choices. I would like to keep my personal shop here on Etsy, and be a part of this community with my teams that are here already :) but I would like to move slowly to the personal page from blogspot platform.  I'm not so sure which to pick and it is more in details here and there. I like to collect all those pro and cons from experts, and if you have any experience with online social please share with me in the comments!
 as alway with love, Lana

13 comments:

  1. I've been following your pics on Insta! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Katie!!! What is your profile name there?

      Delete
  2. Lana, you've traveled to so many great cities around the world, and I love how you translate those impressions into your wonderful watercolours! I hope your visit to Russia was all you expected and more!
    As for own website...I simply changed my "blogspot" to "com" via Blogger/Google. It is basically a redirect from my original blog. I registered my domain name with GoDaddy, as this was the only option at the time. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks Duni about your information... I was wonder for a long time about it! I will definatelly explore more of this option! Thank you for asking about Russia, and yes absolutely love all experiences there - I will post more about it in our team chat soon!

      Delete
  3. I've loved seeing your photos!

    I made the move from Blogspot to self hosted and then to a totally different host and WordPress. It was all very easy to do. There are plugins that import your blogger content into wordpress and, like Duni said, you can set up redirects so you don't loose your old links forever! As for store things, I decided to use a plugin that allows my whole Etsy store to be seen on my blog. That was I have the shop on Etsy with all the traffic it gets and "my own" shop viewable on my blog. It's kind of the 'best of both worlds' for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Many thanks my friend!!! I always wonder how many hours a day you have :) ... it seems like a time in islands adding to your day more hours:) On the serious note - I would love to try your option, but i think I will need a hand for help! Talk to you soon my dear!

      Delete
  4. I've been seeing some of your pictures on Facebook and they're gorgeous! Russia is such a beautiful place.

    I moved my blog from Blogger to Wordpress a couple of years ago and it was a breeze. My husband did help me with the template design, but you could always select something pre-made for the sake of simplicity. Remembering to redirect all of your links is huge! There was a glitch with mine and my old mobile site didn't redirect to the new one for a long time, so I recommend doing some reading about that process before you start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige! It is my concern as well! I remember that time when you changed blog host and your frustration ... I cant believe it is already couple of years ago :) Thank you for your suggestion, and I will do more research!!! xx, L.

      Delete
  5. What great photos and beautiful illustrations! You're very lucky to get to travel so much and it's great that you can use that as inspiration for your work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Edi! I love travel! But every-time I'm coming back from long trip, I feels like never wants to leave my home and studio :)

      Delete
  6. omg!!!! you are so blessed to get to travel so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and migh i say, nice work =)

    mary ann
    thirdeardear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is means a lot to me dear Mary Ann!!! Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Glad you enjoyed your travels -- I'm enjoying the artwork your trip inspired.

    ReplyDelete